I am fond of all natural beauty routines and products so I came across this beauty on a discount one day. As I always read the ingredients and I recognize the latin names, I was pleasantly surprised with all the herbs that are inside this toner. So let’s dissect the cosmetics!
This is a complexion balancing facial toner. We use toners at the end of the facial, after we manually cleansed the pores and impurities, and after the mask. Why? Because toners will clean all the leftover dirt and tighten the skin.
At home, use it after you’ve cleansed the skin.
- Milk cleanser
- Peeling (skin scrub)
Alba Botanica is a nature friendly company, so this toner bottle is made out of recycled material.
Also, there are no parabens, phtalates, or animal testing. Ingredients are 100% vegetarian.
- Aloe Vera Juice
- Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier and stabilizer)
- Arnica Montana Flower Extract (anti-inflammatory, boosts circulation)
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (regenerating and nourishing)
- Centella Asiatica Extract (softening)
- Grapefruit Seed Extract (antibacterial, antiviral)
- Cucumber Fruit Extract (tightening the pores, refreshing)
- Hibiscus Flower Extract (hydrating)
- Hamamelis – Witch Hazel Extract (tightens the pores, antibacterial)
- Honeysuckle Flower Extract (detox, antiviral)
- Passiflora Flower Extract (usually used as a drink against insomnia)
- Lemon Peel Oil (antiseptic)
- Mandarin Peel Oil (calming)
- Lavender Oil (calming, antibacterial, regenerates the skin)
- Allantoin (regenerates the cells, anti-inflammatory)
- Glycerin (moisturizer)
- Panthenol (vitamin B5)
- Sodium PCA (humectant, keeps the moisture in the skin)
- Beta-pinene (found in herbs like pine trees)
- Linalyl Acetate
I don’t know all the ingredients and how they exactly work but 90 % of this toner is herbal and therefor highly active. So my logic is; it must be effective. I didn’t regret the purchase.
My skin seems to likes it. I can feel how it’s refreshed afterwords, and it cleans the makeup leftovers if they are any. No irritation occurred. It has a nice soft herbal scent, and you can recognize the citrus essential oils (grapefruit, lemon, mandarin).
The only flaw could be that it tends to dry out the skin, so moisturizer after is obligatory. I believe it works best with oily skins. Because I have combination skin but it is also dehydrated, so it feels a bit harsh at times.